The Mark of the Beast. What form will it take?
Many people and of course Christians are concerned about the coming Mark of the Beast, (myself included) mentioned in the Book of Revelation and wonder what form it will take. With the development of new emerging technologies people are wondering whether these new technologies that are slowly being introduced around the globe, are in fact “The Mark” mentioned in the Book of Revelation?
This is a follow on article from one of my earlier posts on RFID and Biometric´s but goes into greater detail investigating what the actual “Mark” will be and what form it will take, because initial information from the Bible is sketchy to say the least. That´s on first impressions. All Christians know that we are not to take this “Mark” at whatever cost…. even if it means death. The thing is how do you know what mark not to take… if you don´t know what it is in the first place?? This is where the confusion lies. This article aims to get at the bottom of this and see what the answer is and clear away any fog and confusion. This is going to be kept as simple as possible.
Here´s some interesting facts. One full third of the Bible is Prophecy History written in advance! God foretells major events before they happen. Here´s the thing, over 80 percent of Bible prophecy remains unfulfilled. Many major events must yet come to pass! Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 are parallel accounts of Christ’s greatest prophecy and also including Matthew 25.
The Book of Revelation however is 100% Prophecy penned by St John the Divine and is arguably one of the best known and also one of the most controversial books in the Bible. After reading this Book the first impressions are an overwhelming feeling of disaster, catastrophe, destruction, chaos and confusion with light at the end of the tunnel and events the likes of which the world has never seen and as the Book of Revelation says……. will never see again. It´s the classic battle of Good V Evil.
The famous Mark of the Beast Bible Quote
The verse about the Mark of the Beast is well known, films have been made about it, and even non believers are aware of the Bible quote but still people wonder what this mark actually is. So here is the infamous Bible verse about the “Mark of the Beast” from the Book of Revelation that sheds light on this matter. Let´s look at this verse in a close up analytical word for word basis:
16. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Summarising the Chapter 13 infamous verses what is it saying?
1. The mark is something that will involve the vast majority of people
2. The mark is something inside…it is not external (IN their foreheads….IN their right hands)
3. The consequences of the mark go beyond having money to buy things. When buy and sell are seen together it means trade. Therefore those without the mark will not be able to earn a living or engage in business. They will have no income and will be homeless and starving and will be marginalised from society.
4. The location of this Mark is either in the forehead or the right hand the word OR is used in the verse.
And then a Chapter later the Mark is mentioned again from God´s perspective also in The Book of Revelation
9. And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10. The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: (Rev 14:9-10).
Notice in this second quote it mentions hand and not right hand and the word “worship” is prominent!
So what exactly will the Mark look or be like?
Many people who have studied Revelation extensively differ widely as to the exact nature of the “Mark of the Beast”. The popular one is the implanted chip view (currently known as RFID), other speculations include maybe a government program (e.g., National ID cards, Social Security numbers), a microchip, a bar code that is tattooed into the skin, others feel the Nazi swastika, some think the Worldwide Web (or “www”) is the mark. A few say that the Mark is simply something that identifies someone as being faithful to the Antichrist’s kingdom. maybe with the numbers “666” in there somewhere? The last view requires the least amount of bending the scripture to fit some pre-concieved notion or idea. It does not add or subtract any of the existing information as to what the Bible gives us. Any of the before mentioned could be “The Mark”, but most are mere speculations and cannot be proved conclusively by scripture.
When you delve deeper though, God clearly explains in His Word (as in the Bible) what this mark actually is. When the predicted political or military leader known as the Beast rises to power amidst the New World Order, the world will be split into two distinct groups and it´s quite simple. Group 1 is those who obey the Beast (The Dark) and Group 2 is those who refuse to obey (The Light). There will be no half way house or as I call them “The Greys” that exist today!. The mark is definitely an obedience or allegiance thing and not something physical. The decision to accept or reject the mark will present a great world test. All people will face it. Those who take it will suffer the wrath of God during the Tribulation; those who refuse it will have his favor and will not suffer God´s wrath during said Tribulation period.
The key as always is just stick to the Word as in the Bible and you will find your answer.
Satan the Devil will be the spiritual power behind the Beast (Revelation 13:2), and he invariably counterfeits God’s way to deceive even true believers into forsaking the truth (II Corinthians 11:13-15; Matthew 24:24). The Beast’s system will therefore be a counterfeit of God’s Mark, and its mark—or identifying sign—a counterfeit of God’s sign, the Sabbath (Exodus 31:13-17; Ezekiel 20:12). It is more likely, then, that the mark of the Beast will be an enforced “day of worship”—and it will not be the seventh-day Sabbath as in the Christian faith or in Judaism (although both those days vary they follow the same principle)!
The key here to understand the “Mark of the Beast” is to find out what the exact opposite is, as in God´s version, that´s if there is one?
So What is God´s mark?
There are five verses in the Bible that refer to a “seal of God” or an object or person sealed by God (John 6:27; 2 Timothy 2:19; Revelation 6:9; 7:2; and 9:4). Those who have this “Mark of God” or “Seal of God” are protected from the effects of the Tribulation. An example is Revelation 9 below which takes place during the Fifth Trumpet judgement.
3. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have NOT the seal of God in their foreheads.
The individuals who are marked by God are preserved and are also quite clearly right there in the middle of the Tribulation. It is obvious the “mark of God” is not something physical or Tech in nature because this mark has existed since the beginning of time. This is also why personally I do not believe in the Pre Tribulation Rapture theory as we are quite clearly still here as stated in the above Bible verse and is stated in many verses in Revelation during the Tribulation. Christians are still here but in a protected form via the Seal or Mark of God.
The frontal lobe of the human brain is the area where a person makes decisions. With his hands, he performs actions, deeds or works. Through the “right hand,” a person acts upon choices made in his “forehead” the decision making part of the mind! What happens if you are left handed is unclear?
A similar quote exists in the Old Testament in Deuteronomy 6:8
And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.
Here, God is commanding obedience to His Law through a “sign” upon the hand and “frontlet” , It symbolizes obedience to God’s commandments in the mind and through one’s actions.
Romans 6:16 reveals more on the subject of obedience: “Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey…”
Just as a Christian obeys God and therefore belongs to Him, a person with the mark described in Revelation 13:16-18 obeys and belongs to someone called the Beast. A Christian will fear God and obey his laws, commandments and statutes and this new Beast System and the mark is designed to flush out those who will quite categorically not follow this system or take the mark. Those who obey God and refuse to follow the laws of the Beast’s government system, including taking his mark, will stand out to those around them. The big decider will be the Sabbath Day or Seventh Day, people with the Mark of the Beast will probably have a completely different day further differentiating themselves from Christians. This will be a clear test of faith to all Christians and the entire world will be watching. The price for this disobedience is quite clearly beheading or living in the wilderness and off grid as is witnessed in one of the closing verses in the Book of Revelation.
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
So what actually is the Mark then?
Based on scripture it is clear that the Mark is not something physical. The mark is a persons loyalty, beliefs, actions and thoughts and ultimately their spirtuality and obedience and who they worship, there is only one way to produce this. Studies have proven the front part of the brain near the forehead is the part which controls that persons actions carried out by their hands (most people are right handed). The Beast system will be a new False Religious system that will be the counterfeit to Christianity or a NEW False Christianity with a FALSE God and FALSE Christ that will perform many signs and wonders. Many will fall for it,(including Christians thinking it´s the second coming and the setting up of the Millenial Kingdom) and they will end up taking this Mark which which will change that persons loyalty, beliefs, actions, thoughts and ultimately their spirituality and obedience away from God.
In the Christian sense the Mark of God is when someone is “Saved” or “Born Again” and have the HOLY SPIRIT. They are “Sealed”by their belief and repentance and are in God´s faith and therefore it is a Spiritual Mark and not a physical one and will affect their actions, thoughts and beliefs and spirituality and who they worship. The “Mark of the Beast” will be exactly the same, but the opposite, and will be presented as possibly the TRUE Chrisitanity when in fact it is the counterfeit or false version. This would rule out technology such as Bar Code Tattoos, Biometric´s and the RFID chip, Iris Scans and certainly The Swastika?
If the Mark is Spiritual is it no problem taking the RFID chip or similar?
In theory it should not be a problem to take the RFID chip if it is introduced globally. But here´s the thing, it´s clear that a Beast System is being prepared in our world today commonly known as the highly controversial New World Order and part of that is creating a one world government and database which would involve some form of global ID, Biometrics and possible global RFID chip implementation.This is happening right now as we speak as part of the 2030 Agenda Program. This would enable access to banking, social security, hospital and health records/data/services, public transport, driving licence records, passport, door access and the rest. It´s still in it´s infancy but millions of pets have these implants already (recently made compulsory in the UK) The RFID chip is a very close match to the “Mark” mentioned in Revelation but the problem is it is physical in nature and not spiritual.
Should you take the chip it if it becomes available is another question. If you are a Christian, “discernment” is the key word here and I would ask yourself this question.
“Why is it essential to inject a grain of rice sized microchip into the human body when that same thing could be placed into a card with some sort of security device embedded such as fingerprint or voice recognition?
Once you´ve answered that question you will have your answer to whether you should take the chip or not. If you want my advice don´t take the injectable form just get the external version (that´s if there is one) but if you want my simple opinion “I´m wary of RFID”
This in my opinion is what “The Mark” actually is, it´s a loyalty and obedience to a particular faith and the Mark is not something Physical in nature. It´s internal and something that cannot be injected or inherited, and it is Spiritual and is not based on any form of Technology. The mark is often called a Seal when in reference to a “Seal of God” and in my opinion scripture is stressing that the Seal is someone who has the Holy Spirit, follows the Ten Commandments and observes the Sabbath Day. That´s just my opinion based on the Word from the KJV Bible.(quotes below) The mark or seal is also mentioned in the Old Testament which really does drive home that this is something that existed in ancient times and also exists in future prophetic times as well and is not something technological in nature.
I would go further to say that many False Doctrines by False Preachers are being preached today and are leading people away from the True Christian faith in preparation for this NEW FALSE CHRISTIANITY which will be the One World Religion that is very strongly indicated in the Book of Revelation. I think it will be NEW AGE in nature blended with some sort of Christianity. Those who are following False Preachers who think they are part of Christianity will have a different “Mark” as in the “Mark of the Beast” and they will not be aware of it. That will be “The Great Deception”. True Christians who will have the “Mark of God” or “Seal of God” as in the Holy Spirit, WILL be aware of this in the end days, so will everybody else…………. so will the Lord!
Some Revelation, some New Testament and some old Testament quotes with many occasions a seal or mark was mentioned.
9. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13. But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
16. Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
17. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
2. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3. Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
19. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
1. And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.
9. And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD’s law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
2 Timothy 2:21
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6. Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.