Mega Preachers Exposed Part 9. Benny Hinn a closer look
A closer look at the Mega Preacher, Teacher, Prophet, Author, Televangelist and of course Healer that is Benny Hinn. A massive name with a correspondingly massive following. He has been around for a considerable period of time. His ministry can be found at Bennyhinn.org (no link from this website!) and he is renowned for his own trademark religious sermons, he broadcasts daily and is watched by millions and you could quite safely say……he is a one off. Nothing else out there resembles him in any shape or form, nothing even comes close.
This is a form your own opinion article. After reading this article and watching these videos anybody who is in their right mind, does not need any of this explaining whether you are in the Christian faith or not. You really don´t!
Background via Wikipedia
Benny Hinn is the author of a number of inspirational Christian books. His thirty-minute TV program This Is Your Day is among the world’s most-watched Christian programs, seen on various Christian television networks, including Trinity Broadcasting Network, Daystar Television Network, Revelation TV, Grace TV, Vision TV, INSP Networks, and The God Channel. Hinn conducts regular “Miracle Crusades”—revival meeting / faith healing events held in sports stadiums in major cities throughout the world. Tens of millions attend his Holy Spirit Miracle Crusades each year. Further details at the Wikipedia article.
He teaches his very own Gospel (sample quotes further into the article), has many trademarks (including the infamous white suit) but he is best known for his Anointing where he waves his hands in a persons direction, or even a crowd, mumbles some strange words (such as Touuuuccccchhhhhhh) or starts singing?? and they fall over and get up (some don´t get up) and feel amazing afterwards. Some are laughing their heads off with what they call Holy Laughter, some are crawling around the floor like a Baby, some may start howling or barking like a dog, others are convulsing with what he calls the “electricity of the Holy Ghost”??…………….Right?
The huge congregation of course end up going into a frenzy and some of these events are not a couple of hours but can last up to a marathon of over 5 hours. They are broadcast globally on the usual networks that these Mega Preachers actually appear on. He performs miracles as well with healings being his speciality ( medical confirmation for some reason lacking). Some examples being people regaining their eyesight (years later confirmed they are still blind), people getting up out of wheelchairs and walking? (could they walk already), and numerous cases of cancer being cured including one where “the tumor literally fell to the floor and broke into pieces”??
Benny Hinn Historic Crusades: Atlanta (2010) A good and educational insight into the antics and that magical jacket?
Of course it´s not free, but then nothing this good ever is? One person who actually went their said it´s $42…. more on that in a superb article they wrote on their experience later, but what a night you will have? He certainly is entertaining but is also highly controversial and he walks the tight rope of controversiality with apparent ease and has done so for decades.
What does Benny Hinn Teach and Preach?
So what does Benny Hinn Teach and Preach first off? He´s been in the game for 40 years so his experience is right up there with the best, what will you learn and hear if you go to a Benny Hinn event? He does occasionally quote some correct scripture but it usually gets drowned in a sea of Benny Hinn extreme heretical quotes. Here´s some samplers to get you head scratching.
Benny Hinn Famous Quotes via Inspirational Stories and AZ Quotes
1. I saw Jesus walk into my bedroom.
2. I’d be a fool to be in this for the money.
3. Now I have quit teaching such things, and I have made it clear that I no longer believe them.
4. What does God the Father look like? Although I’ve never seen Him, I believe – as with the Holy Spirit – He looks like Jesus looked on earth.
via Inspirational Stories for more
5. The reason people lose their healing is because they begin questioning if God really did it.
6. Where in the Bible does it say I have to drive a Honda?.
7. Look, any amount I make, somebody’s going to be mad.
8. Poverty comes from Hell. Prosperity comes from Heaven. Adam had complete dominion over the earth and all it contains. A. Adam could fly like a bird. B. Adam could swim underwater and breathe like a fish. Adam went to the moon. Adam walked on water. Adam was a super being; He was the first superman that lived. Adam had dominion over the sun, moon & stars. Christians do not have Christ in their hearts. Sow a big seed, when you confess it, you are activating the supernatural forces of God
9. When you say, ‘I am a Christian,’ you are saying, ‘I am mashiach,’ in the Hebrew. I am a little messiah walking on earth, in other words. That is a shocking revelation. …May I say it like this? You are a little god on earth running around
10. God will not move unless I say it. Why? because He has made us co-workers with Him. He set things up that way.
11. Jesus Christ knew the only way He would stop Satan is by becoming one in nature with him…He became one with the nature of Satan, so all those who had the nature of Satan can partake of the nature of God.
12. Adam was a super being when God created him…he had dominion over the fowls of the air which means he used to fly…well of course how could you have dominion over the birds and not be able to do what they do. Adam flew into space, with one thought he would be on the moon.
13. There will be no sickness for the saint of God. … If your body belongs to God, it does not and cannot belong to sickness.
14. I don’t need gold in heaven, I gotta have it now.
Quotes via AZQuotes
There are many others but I think you get the idea
Some Benny Hinn Prophecies
Samples from an event that contained 20 minutes of Prophesying to his congregation that night, Benny Hinn appeared to be “drunk in the spirit.”
1. “The Spirit tells me— Fidel Castro will die in the 90’s. . . Holy Spirit just said to me, it’ll be worse than any death you can imagine.”
2. “The Lord also tells me to tell you in mid 90’s— about ’94 or ’95, no later than that— God will destroy the Homosexual community of America . . . He will destroy it with fire.”
3. “The Spirit of God tells me— an Earthquake will hit the east coast of America and destroy much in the 90’s.”
Further prophecies and information at Equip.org
Bible quotes that say otherwise to all of these can be found with ease but to summarise from just these 14 quotes. He is promoting the “Little Gods Doctrine”, he is promoting the Prosperity Gospel which includes Health and Wealth. He says if you partake in Satan then you are partaking in God just like Jesus did?? He has power to move God instead of the other way round. Poverty comes from hell which means Jesus who was homeless and pretty much penniless is more of the same. He says that the Bible does not say anywhere that it´s not OK to drive in a Rolls Royce instead of a Honda. You can lose your healing if you don´t actually believe it happened which is a good way to explain away why there is no medical evidence or documentary proof that Benny Hinn can actually heal. Sow a “Big Seed” read give loads of money and reap a big harvest in the form of health and wealth. The typical Broad Way Prosperity Gospel. As for his views on Adam and Eve………..come to your own conclusions. I think the word Heresy is highly relevant here.
He is a Healer and a Preacher but he would be a fool if he said he was in it for the money?
False Prophet Benny Hinn says: “God will not bless a Church if the pastor is poor”
Even More on that in a video below. Last but not least all the things he taught in the past he doesn´t teach anymore, because he doesn´t believe them. So what´s to say what he is teaching now is all lies in 5-10 years time, come to think about it what he could actually be saying is “everything he teaches is lies” and that statement is a sort of disclaimer.
Benny Hinn Begs for Money
Benny Hinn Investigations:
In November 2004, the CBC Television show The Fifth Estate did a special titled “Do You Believe in Miracles” on the apparent transgressions committed by Benny Hinn’s ministry. See more at Cult Education
Benny Hinn Interviews
Moving on and delving a bit deeper beyond the white suits and bright lights and the congregations hands raised and waving in sync and the strange goings on at his events, the best way to find out what anybody is all about is in a one on one interview especially with these Mega Preachers. Benny Hinn doesn´t normally agree to interviews (for obvious reasons), but here are 3 video interviews below that reveal more and get you closer to what Benny Hinn is really all about. One interviewer is thankfully quite brutal, but the usual characteristics are on display that are traits of other Mega Preachers when they are in a corner and in a spotlight. Would you buy a used car from this man, let alone trust your faith or your son or daughter or even your life to such a person
Vid: Benny Hinn Exposed by nbc Dateline [Unverified Healing Miracles]
Benny Hinn: ‘People Can’t Be Fooled for 35 Years!’
Benny Hinn Interview, “I Can’t Heal, It’s God’s Love That Heals”
You may want to check a recent article called “25 ways to spot a False Preacher and False Teacher” and apply it to these videos.
Somebody that actually went to a Benny Hinn event tells of their experience.
Somebody who actually went to a Benny Hinn event that was called “The Holy Spirit Miracle Service” says what it was like to be there in the crowds. Sample from their excellent article below. Their words not mine.
“There are a lot of things you should try at least once in your life — skydiving, eating some exotic delicacy, traveling alone. Let me give you one thing not to add to that list: attending a Benny Hinn Holy Spirit Miracle Service.
They came to the following conclusions after leaving the event after a staggering 2 and half hours (the event went on for over 5 hours)
1. You’ll second-guess your Bible knowledge.
2. You’ll realize he’s in control of everything in his world.
3. You’ll wrestle with your negative thoughts.
4. You’ll discover that he owns up to the prosperity gospel.
5. You may end up walking out.
Get the full low down from the superb article here OnFaith.co
Benny Hinn on one of the pillars of the Christian Faith “Saved” or “Born Again”
This can be the very foundation of your faith and although he is correct in stating that being “Saved” or “Born Again” is not just a feeling you have, there has to be some other processes involved. He states there are four things that say you are saved and he quotes Bible verses from Matthew to qualify this claim. After listening to this video he is in no uncertain terms raising doubt whether you are actually “Saved” or not. I managed to nail down three ways (not four) from this video that tell you that you are definetly “Saved”. This would rule out 99% of all Saved Christians on this planet myself included??
1. You cannot be born again unless you have had a 1 on 1 experience
2. You are unashamed
3. You must acknowledge him publically
4. Couldn´t find No4, if anybody find it please let me know?
Read my article on “25 signs that you have the Holy Spirit“. Falling down on the floor and laughing your head off is not one of them
Benny Hinn “Are You Really Saved?”
A 40 Year career span analysis
Benny Hinn has been around for 40 years and as he puts it in one of the above video interviews, if he was a fraud or a fake, people would have realised by now and they would stop coming to his events, stop watching his daily TV shows and he would disappear into obscurity. But he is still around. This video is a life time career analysis spanning all his events including Miracle Events, The Annointings and the Historic Crusades.
Benny Hinn Exposed – 40 years of LIES
Conclusion and Summary
On first impressions, watching Benny Hinn in action I was just shaking my head in disbelief whilst laughing and thinking “so this is what Christianity really is??”. It doesn´t take a rocket scientist to work out that Benny Hinn is not only a False Teacher/Preacher and probably one of those most glaring written in neon signs, he is to compound the matter further a False Prophet. Could it get any worse, yes it does, he is a False Healer as well, with very little evidence to back up claims that he actually does heal and he even states himself he is not sure either and says he sometimes makes mistakes.
Vid: A video featuring the owner of this website sheds some light titled 15 Signs of a False Preacher
These types of Preacher are your typical “Wolves in Sheep´s Clothing” that not only show no respect for God but are relying on the Biblically illiterate to peddle their twisted doctrine. Here´s the bizarre thing, these people (the congregation) believe all this stuff and not only that, they end up paying to go to these events, end up exposed to what can only be describe as demonic practices and then probably make further donations at the end of the event to keep this character in clover. Further down the road they will inevitably wake up and smell the coffee, realise they have been conned (repeatedly) and may end up losing their faith in the process and never end up finding the truth that would keep you away from such people in the first place.
There must be hundreds of videos out there showing Benny Hinn in action on You Tube, some of the ones used here are from obvious fans and believers and this is the problem. If you get sucked into the Hinn False Doctrine, Lies and Deceit and keep watching his programs and go to his events you will eventually end up worshiping him and not worshiping who you are supposed to be worshiping and that is God. When your faith is dependent on one man for it to survive, some way down the line you will hit major problems and that´s not just with your faith.
Before I was “Saved” I would probably go to one of these Benny Hinn events “just for a laugh” but they are designed just like crack cocaine to get you hooked and you will keep coming back for more and fleece your bank account in the process whilst being led as far away from the truth as you can possibly get. You will get sucked into the crowd hysteria and no matter how sound your faith is, your mind will get messed with and you will question whether your faith is the real deal OR that perish the thought, maybe this is where you should have come all along??
A lot of people get fooled when a Preacher uses the word “God” and think they must be of God. They probably are, but which God are they talking about here, the one in heaven, or the one on this fallen earth? When somebody says in no uncertain terms that to become one with God you have to embrace and become evil just as Jesus did, even the spiritually ignorant must think “hang on something isn´t quite right here?” To conclude Benny Hinn is a cocktail of Falseness embracing Preaching, Teaching, Prophecy and Healing laced with Heresy and what can only be called Voodoo, all rolled into one charismatic white suited package and YES he is Dangerous. All I can say is, if you cannot see this, there really is no hope in this world and it would explain why these False Mega Preachers are as successful as they are!
6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
19. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Titus 3:10 – A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
2 Peter 2:1-22 – But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction
1 John 4:1 – Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Corinthians 11:4 – For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].
2 Peter 2:15 – Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam [the son] of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
2 John 1:10
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
1 John 3:17
But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1 Corinthians 10:24
Let no man seek his own, but every man another’s wealth.
22. Rob not the poor, because he is poor: neither oppress the afflicted in the gate:
23. For the LORD will plead their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoiled them.